Vision and Objectives
- Our Major AIMS,OBJECTIVES and VISION in a nutshell
- OUR Theme of LOVE( NGO- Conscience of the society)
Conscience of the society- NGO- our concept of true freedom under Democracy
OUR Major AIMS,OBJECTIVES and VISION in a nutshell
'Conscience' is that mystery chamber in human mind that teases and taunt man when he is on the wrong path or when he witness injustice around him. A few of our founder members including the founder secretary are deeply philosophical and spiritual and they feel that the people of India are not yet spiritually and intellectually liberated. We got political freedom from the British some 60 years ago, but we are not fully free from the various agents of the old belief systems. Concept of freedom we are talking about is explained in this write-up separately. Hence, broadly speaking, our objective would be to strive to liberate the soul of the Indian society.
1. To truly become the Conscience of the Society in all respect, those who lost all hope in life and plan extreme steps like suicide etc. can get in touch with us for venting out their problems. We would offer counseling sessions to revive their hope in life, and also bring forth their cause to the attention of the world.
2. To write new standards for Democracy and to publish it, even in the form of a book expanding its strengths and scope for re-defining life of man. We shall interact meaningfully with concerned government agencies like Ministry of law etc. so that the new ideas on democracy help at least our future generation to mould a more liberated society.
3. To vigorously interact with institutes and schools that train civil service aspirants, journalists, teachers and management students to draw their attention to our changed BLUE-PRINT level vision about democracy and country administration.
4. To rope in icons from cinema and sports to get our themes and vision adopted by them for sponsorship.
5. To initiate special awareness drives at various sectors in society and its agents such as police academies, schools, corporate sector (offices and their associations like FICCI,CII etc) professional councils and associations of journalists, editors and civil servants and see that our message of the new age as narrated above is imparted meaningfully and effectively to all these central sectors of the society.
For each specific sector, we would initiate specialized action plans such as:
a) For corporate sector: To devise themes to end bossing and bullying in offices, one of the major causes of the decaying mental health of citizens. Leadership would be portrayed as the 'ability to kindle greatness in others'.
b) For the media: To relentlessly interact with the Editors guild, Association and Federation of journalists, Press council of India, and all the Journalism schools to make the media aware of our vital mission.
c) To get short animation films and smart SLOGANS of HUMAN DEVELOPMENT .THEMES made for conveying our vision and beliefs and seek out participation of TV channels to show on prime time.
d) Ministry of law and home: To interact with the ministry relentlessly for bringing in changed attitude towards the guiding principles in the pre-ample of our constitution- Equality, Liberty, Justice and Fraternity.
e) Education sector: To invite teachers and principals to attend our special training/inspiring coaching classes/training modules on how to mould future student generation, indoctrinated with healthy social themes.
6. To form a permanent panel of eminent individuals representing the 'conscience of the country', especially clear thinking wise men of philosophic back ground, who would form their opinion on all matters of national importance and advise the government and media accordingly.
7. To initiate research programs in collaboration with reputed universities, into the theme of new democracy .
Few of our vision and beliefs
1. We believe that human values are like flowers and fruits that bear on a tree abundantly and naturally when it gets reasonable amount of sunlight, water and manure. Human values like individual dignity, respect for self and the other, justice fraternity and equality will naturally blossom from our citizens when the STATE faultlessly and fully deliver these CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED rights of the individual in the act of country administration. It is there intact in the BLUE PRINT , but it is not delivered to people in reality in the act of country administration. We believe that this fundamental lapse is the cause of all our value related problems in the country, values being fundamental to one's personal as well as community's well being, both at spiritual as well as material level.
2. In every sense, whether formally defined or merely implied, STATE'S role in essence is that of a parent over the people. It is universally true that a person gets his character, first and foremost from the family atmosphere. When a congenial atmosphere is intentionally created by the parents in the family the ward grow up as a self respecting, principled, confident individual. By this logic, if the people of the country is found lacking in values, it is directly due to the flaws in the country's socio-political atmosphere. Not only that individual's dignity is not being cared for in government offices and streets, but he is being despised and made to feel un-wanted and ugly. Hence everyone is psychologically compelled to abandon this vital human need, as it is tough to keep and maintain. It is natural to abandon what is a burden to carry. When one has abandoned it, he can not ever respect it in his fellow-being. I am a dog, hence you too, so we fight out our frustration in the street and families every day, in the form of road-rage, crimes, corruption and family discords. The central concept of the nation gets lost and serious doubt arise as to whether state exist for the well being of its people or is it a weird entity in itself? Hence re-inventing democracy to suit this central need of the citizen is the only logical remedy.
3. The principles laid down distinctly and clearly in the pre-amble of the constitution meant to be a code of conduct for the country administration are not being delivered at all by the government to the people. If the concept of individual dignity and fraternity is strictly ensured to people in the act of day to day country administration, people will nurture these qualities and share among themselves. People then would naturally turn a self respecting lot, having respect for others too.
We list below few of the present day maladies that exist in the country as a result of not caring for the above narrated fundamentals:
1. Mutual fear and the resultant tendency to attack each other: We are living in constant fear of losing our individuality and individual dignity from the hands of various state agencies. Direct representatives of the government -the police, tax collectors, municipality, electricity and water authorities, housing authorities, public transport, judicial courts are treating common man with total disdain and despise that it remain only a fantasy for him to keep his self-dignity in tact. Representatives of these state agencies acts like true predators in Indian society. For freedom from trouble, one is required to pay a price in the form of bribe. Like a caged animal he has developed fear, fear of every one, as a potent breaker of his sense of self respect. He naturally develops the best strategy for self protection, ie attack the other at the slightest provocation. Values can not come out from some one who is not free in spirit and who is filled with fear.
2. Lack of initiative, sense of duty and responsibility among government servants: We talk endlessly on the lack of effectiveness and initiative of government servants in country administration. But always ignore the central reason behind it. It is a direct result of their lack of self respect and feeling of dignity as a person. When one has no respect for one's own self, his work also will be of the same low quality.
3. Greed for money and power among all sections of people, especially for politicians: There is no exception - - the general deprivation of one's self respect and individual dignity has resulted in a mad craving for the deprived privileges. It is so simple a logic that deprivation of any thing would causes craving for the same!
4. Money and power are the natural means that would guarantee one's freedom and dignity in the society. So everyone in our country, including political aspirants are engaged in a perpetual mad rush for money and power. In existential term and meaning, this craving is nothing but an attempt to root one's 'BEING' upon a firm footing! If the constitutionally guaranteed individual dignity is ensured in all walks of life for every one, this maniacal craving will diminish in the long run. This is a simple case of cause and effect.
5. Lack of sense of reason and scientific spirit: Freedom of mind is an essential ingredient for one to think rationally, as freedom only will make an 'individual' in true meaning. One without the basic individual dignity can not ever think rationally as he is merely a dead log, meek and resigned to one's fate.
6. Lack of cleanliness and a hygiene culture : When one feel un-clean and incomplete about him self, with zero sense of individual dignity, he will treat his surroundings also with the same gutter ways. He never develops a true sense of personal and community cleanliness. He always fail to develop a culture of hygiene for himself and for the community. Hence we have heaps and heaps of garbage accumulated in our streets and markets despite the existence of municipalities and corporations, and our international reputation as a people throwing garbage from the balconies straight to the street!
7. Growing trend of fundamentalism(Religious, corporate, social groups, families, education, media ) Our generally obedient nature indirectly leaves us as highly authoritarian too - - We always expect the same obedience from others too, and gets furious in the absence of it. Free self expression is never gets encouraged in such societies, and as a result, leaving all of us fundamentalists in nature. A fundamentalist hates to think his own, but takes the easy way of waiting for orders from top, or the dictate of tradition. Our bullying bosses in offices are nothing but fundamentalists as they too are intolerant. Same is the case with our interviewing media jockeys who treat the one in-front of the camera a prey, and the teacher in the school who slap and punch the student, and every leader who can not accept anything but silent obedience from the group member. We are yet to learn the habit of treating the other at the same level and equal, irrespective of his or her socio-economic status. .
8. Low performance in international sports events: When the feeling of self worth is not at its peak, or not even adequate, one fails to reach the top, especially in highly competitive situations like international sports events. Hence we always remain mediocre or even at the very bottom grades.
9. Lack of a strong human-rights culture: Any atrocity upon the citizen by the state, its police and other agencies in authority is viewed very lightly by the media and the general public as it is a day today, well accepted affair! Citizens have lost their ability to distinguish and identify their fundamental human right as something well protected by the state!